When consumers plan to dine out, they now have a wide range of restaurants to choose from. With so many restaurants available, a restaurant has to come up with ways to stay competitive. Many restaurant owners want to know how to improve their business. Fortunately, there are a number of things a restaurant owner can do to make their restaurant more attractive to customers.
1. During these difficult economic times, many people are looking for ways to cut down on costs. Take time to reevaluate your menu prices. Are your customers normally big spenders? Or do you have customers that enjoy a reasonably priced meal? If the latter frequents your restaurant, make sure your prices are sensible and fit with the type of restaurant. Consider implementing daily specials or a special menu with a number of meals at a discounted price.
2. The meals you serve should be high quality and delicious. Your food should be fresh and prepared properly. The dish should be pleasing to the eye. It should also fit with the theme of the restaurant. Be mindful about providing some healthy dishes. It is important to keep up on consumer lifestyle habits.
3. Your restaurant should be warm and inviting. The decor should be pleasing to the eye. Make sure you use proper color schemes, comfortable seating, and a pleasant view. Consider adding something unique to the restaurant that makes it stands out from the other restaurants. Examples could be a water fountain, replicas of historical paintings…etc.
4. Arrange special promotions at the restaurant. This can include a special brunch on Sunday, a buffet night, a theme night such as the’50’s, musical performers, sponsoring sporting and charity events…etc. You can also have a really fancy and delicious dessert that is unique to any other restaurant. It is important to come up with new and exciting marketing strategies. Without constant marketing, people will forget about your restaurant and visit restaurants they see advertised. Make use of fliers, local newspapers, websites, radio, and sponsoring events
5. Cleanliness is essential to a successful restaurant. Take a walk through the restaurant and look at the floors, walls, fixtures, decorations, lamps, and the bathroom. Do you need a paint touch up? Should you give the restaurant a total scrub down? Remember, restrooms have to be spotless with no unpleasant odours. What does the exterior of the restaurant look like? The exterior is the first thing a customer will notice. Is it bland, unattractive, or messy looking? Perhaps you should fix up the outside to make it eye catching and attractive. Add bright colors, and unique decorations. Your parking lot should be easy to access.
6. It may be time to do a staff evaluation and retraining session. Your staff should be dressed professionally, neat in appearance, and clean. They should also be courteous, gracious, and pay special attention to their customers. As well, they should be welcoming, hardworking, dedicated, and respectful. Customers should feel welcome and that their patronage is appreciated.
Regular assessment of your restaurant will allow you to make the essential enhancements, improvements, and additions that will ensure a constant and steady loyal customer base.
When trying to find a local restaurant in your area the best place to check is local Canadian online directories. Whether you’re searching for a restaurants Edmonton or a restaurant Ottawa you will find a wide range of dining options online.